Saturday, August 8, 2009

My Pen Sings A Song


Light Movement of fingers
Summon to life an unknown story
Adventure’s song playing upon
A canvas of white:
Electrifying

He isn’t real. Neither is she. Or it.
But they are real to the soul of my
Pen
Flowing out of the dark subconscious of mind
And into crafted fantasy life.
Like a child escaping from a pushing wound.

They lived a short time
Crumples of torn and ravaged white paper
Haunt the wastebasket
Ghosts of millions of stories
Never brought forth to light
Maddened, but never truly gone

I ignite heroes
Bring forth dragons for adventure,
Exterminate the fruits of a heart made evil
Evil I conjured
Vindicate the poor
Poverty I gave

If only the world
Was as attentive as all strokes
Of a black pen across endless white
Then life would be just like a snowbird
Free in the purity of the arctic tundra.


1 comment:

  1. Justin,

    I love your voice. Powerful and succinct. I am sending this link to my daughter. I think she would enjoy your writing as well.

    ReplyDelete