Yes, that's right. Kim, here. Excuse my future husband (if I decide to let him live). This Internet thing is a little new to him (even though he's been using it for years) and he didn't realize that a simple search of his name would bring up this blog. I google search my name sometimes (who doesn't) and had a hunch to search his last night before bed. You should have seen his face.
And I didn't know your mom calls me 'The Muslim' Tom! It's kind of funny, when you think about it. He'll probably call me naive again for saying this, but I think Tom's mom is really sweet way down inside....it's just going to take a while to get to it. He's sitting here as I write this (although we agreed no censoring) and he's rolling his eyes, but I have faith.
And a couple things.
- New Moon was the shit and a half. Men just don't understand.
- Tom does worry too much.
- Last night wasn't as bad as you'd think. My parents are like me. In the end, the wedding will only be bigger and better.
- Ok, so maybe I should have thought a little better about the family staying thing. But Thanksgiving dinner (which I have to return to in a bit, turkey's been in long enough, I think) is a good cover for everyone being here.
- My dress is fabulous.
- I came home late from work once--10 minutes late--and Tom has already called my friend, Pam, in a panic.
- He wears to pairs of socks...always, no matter the weather.
- He's groaning as I write this one, but he's read all of the Twilight series and the real reason he didn't like New Moon was because it didn't hold up to his 'standards.'
- Bet 10 bucks he cries at the wedding more than I do.
-Kim 'Soon to be Friedman' Machen
PS: Isn't that turkey at the top the cutest thing?