Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Breached 1000 votes!

Vote! Vote! Vote Again!

As many of you know, I am applying for the Sam-E blogging position and the first round is based off votes. At the end of voting (which I believe is either at the end of this month or one week after that), the 20 people with the most votes will move on to the next round. Currently I think I am about 3-400 behind the bottom person of the top 20, but they already had a good amount of votes when I signed up, so I'm catching up to them for sure. The 'vote daily' has been both a blessing and a curse. On one hand, you can vote daily!  On the other hand, so can everyone else's supporters, and I can get a lot of people to vote for me, but the question is, can I get a lot of people to continue voting? It feels like everyday I'm starting fresh. For example, I might get 500 people to vote for me today, but then I need to re-convince them to vote for me tomorrow.

At the end of the day, I think I'm doing well and I can only continue to do well with you alls' help. The good news is that the next round is a combination of votes and editor's pick. ANNND it's a video comp, which should be fun. You get to see me act a fool on camera for a job and if that's not incentive to vote, I don't know what is.

Clicking this link will help cure world hunger.

2 comments:

  1. Just want to say that I visited the SAM-E good mood blogger thing to vote for a blogger I've known for a while, but had a look at the other entries and ended up voting for you (shhhh!) Your enthusiasm is contagious and your passion for writing seems similar to mine...except I write while I eat. Food = thoughts!

    Good luck with the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the support. I'll be sure to check out your blog, too!

    ReplyDelete